• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Concerto (not a Hohner) that looks like a Galanti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone got any info on this accordion (given to a customer here in the UK). It doesn't have any labels on it except the 'Concerto' label you can see in the photo. Note the labelled register keys. It is 80 bass and the bellows have a few missing corners. It looks like a bit like a Galanti or perhaps/maybe (guessing here) a Guerrini.
IMG-20210617-WA0000.jpg

It's a hard name to pin to a maker. The makers [Silvio] Marotta, [Hugo] Rauner, and Silvertone also produced models called "Concerto." The logo is also suspiciously close to the melodeon "Concertone" (which I believe was a rebadged Hohner). Does it have any stamp indicating whether it was made in Italy or Germany (perhaps on the inside)?

Grill looks Chinese - the rivets and metal. Also they seemed to produce a lot of 80 bass units. But that's just idle speculation on my part. Don't see any hints of Guerrini, Not very familiar with Galanti.

Italian -- made by Gabbanelli in the 50's early 60's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back