• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Hohner Concerto IV

KiwiSqueezer

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Please can anyone provide any thoughts about Hohner Concerto IVs? One's just popped up for sale: condition seems OK cosmetically, and it allegedly 'works'. As far as I can tell, it's a 1960s vintage, 41-120, LMM beast, with what appears to be a whole stack of bass reeds - 2 switches. I don't yet know whether it's full-size or 'compact', nor whether it's one of Hohner's metal-bodied models, nor even whether it's a budget job or better. I'll keep searching for info, but your thoughts would be most welcome.

My list tells me the Concerto IV was built between 1956 and 1958 only. 3 voice LMM treble, 4 voice bass. It's a fairly low end model but above the "student" models. It's has wooden construction so the sound is less terrible than with the "Metalbau" accordions.
With an accordion of this age only close in-person inspection inside and outside can say anything about its condition. Sellers will claim that it "works" when it can provide sound on at least one key on either push or pull... it really says nothing at all.

Back