• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Guessing game: what do you hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read all comments so I try to describe what I hear:

1) M voice out of cassotto
2) Violin with medium tremolo
3) Musette with higher tremolo

P.S.: Ok....I've read all comments now. Nice game but quite impossible to guess! :unsure: :D

Last edited:
I don't even know what a "detune pedal" is ??
it takes an audio signal, converts it X cents higher or lower, and mixes (blends) it with the original at the output

in the guitar world it's Eddy van Halen's signature sound

in accordion world it gives you a somewhat believable MM if you give it only M so it turns out here

but i'm going to use it as an 'exciter' live, so that you 'feel' the doubling more so than you actually hear it

this is not something that a sound guy will do easily, hence the pedal on stage

Haha, that looks like a fun project... " hurry, hurry! Turn your acoustic in to ANY level of detune that you desire in a matter of seconds... take that dry tuned and make it in to a parisian, german, or scottish tune sound with the press of a button amd the small twist of a knob!" :) :)

Haha, that looks like a fun project... " hurry, hurry! Turn your acoustic in to ANY level of detune that you desire in a matter of seconds... take that dry tuned and make it in to a parisian, german, or scottish tune sound with the press of a button amd the small twist of a knob!" :) :)
Looks really cool and a good effect to find. Unfortunately I'm still working on that other fun project..."Hurry, hurry, play the right notes at the right time, this time with feeling!"

I was loosely considering a reverb pedal for rooms without natural reverb. But, that's as far as I got. It would be something that I'd have to ease into. Though, I agree, it would have to be something that solves a problem instead of a gimmick.
here is the Micro POG (the sound quality is crappy but you get the idea)

as an octaver it can be used to 'open up' to emulate registers on the box that aren't there

can only be used very sparingly otherwise it becomes annoying

reverb I would only use on vocals - most of the time we use plate reverb to have the vox float a little more 'on top' of the accordion accompaniment, this goes well with many folk styles

Thanks for sharing. I'm not gigging yet, so it might be too early to make the leap, but that's interesting.

it's a detune pedal

Cool! The only difference that jumped out at me between #2 and #3 was that the tremelo "beats" were a skosh faster. A very convincing MM sound!

You should try running the MM register through it for maximum phatness. :devilish:

Looks really cool and a good effect to find. Unfortunately I'm still working on that other fun project..."Hurry, hurry, play the right notes at the right time, this time with feeling!"
I suffer from that very same challenge... lol

Reactions: Tom
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back