• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Learning to record with new mics, and a GAME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jozz post_id=59377 time=1526972608 user_id=2600 said:
sound quality is good :tup:

in the examples of Part2 you seem to invert left and right channel, I wondered why (first i get LH on my left, in the second clip I get left hand on my right ear)
Thank-you! I have to agree, the sound quality is really good, but now I need to learn how to get the best sound out of things. I think its all starting to come together for me a little.

Now, about the left/right thing... thats easy... because Im a dolt and wasnt paying attention! :oops: But that brings up a good question... I know that when you do a video, the accordion treble has to come out of the left speaker and the bass out of the right speaker (just like as if you are looking at it), but is there any kind of a standard, favorite or rule about what sides things come out of when making just straight audio?

Oh, want to talk about mistakes? My Blumlein technique is not even the Blumlein Technique, more like 1/2 a Blumlein (haha). Its actually the Mid-Side technique. Of course, I will make the proper corrections this weekend when I have the time and will add a proper Blumlein technique to the list at the same time.

If nothing else, I am having a LOT of fun! :b

JerryPH post_id=59396 time=1527027268 user_id=1475 said:
but is there any kind of a standard, favorite or rule about what sides things come out of when making just straight audio?

Thats all about preference, but if you want to mirror live performances there are some basic rules: you will get drums/percussion through the center, bass just off-center either way but mostly just right of center (so bass and drummer can easily watch eachother, if theyre both RH), and the lead instrument on the opposite side of the bass side, but panned more to the side. Vocals always center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back