• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

FR1x - Dallape expansion glitch(?)

Ok you are swapping accordions faster than we can follow… lol
I think that what you perceived as annoying or an error was normal for that set. Moving forward please let us know what v-accordion you are referencing. 🤠
There was another thread where I mentioned I'd be upgrading the FR1x to a FR4x due to the quality issues of the former (possibly to do with Made in China).

The dealer / distributor kindly facilitated the exchange.

The Dallape accordions, more so than the other makes, seem to be the gold standard in the Balkan folk music.

I've heard them live and recorded. All the built-in Dallape sets (bass side only) sound weird / unnatural to my ears.

From the 19th century one to the 2010 model.

I'll upload some clips to illustrate soon :)

as part of your examination and evaluation of these
sounds, perhaps you should audition them through
a decent PA system with at least a 12" or 15" speaker
in a full range cabinet configuration

while these accordions are of course intended to be
useful sounding with the internal speakers, obviously there
are frequencies and resonances that are beyond the
capability of the internal sound components to project
accurately/authentically, and likely more so with these Dallape's
and their unique reeds and configurations..

for example, the Tuba Bass is fun, but through a PA system it is
a different animal entirely

it might also make a difference "listening" for the memories you
are comparing to in different spaces, like an auditorium or a
Church /Cathedral type environment
(like where the recordings were made)

They're not memories, I listen to the music actively (Records, CDs, Internet TV) - And I've heard the Dallape set through my VOX NuTube keyboard amplifier which should be more full range with 50 watts / 8 inch speaker. It just amplified the sonic annoyance, lol

But you and JerryPH have V-Accordions capable of the Dallape expansion? If you've heard /played these sets, what do you think??

They're not memories, I listen to the music actively (Records, CDs, Internet TV) - And I've heard the Dallape set through my VOX NuTube keyboard amplifier which should be more full range with 50 watts / 8 inch speaker. It just amplified the sonic annoyance, lol

But you and JerryPH have V-Accordions capable of the Dallape expansion? If you've heard /played these sets, what do you think??
I think they are sampled sounds. :)
I say it all the time... If you are expecting a v-accordion to sound like the "real thing" you will always be disappointed.

What we can do is you tell me what sets/upg you are hearing, perhaps post a recording here, and we can do a comparison test between the 8X sounds and the 4X sounds... which in theory should be the same.

I don’t expect it to sound like the real thing, it’s that the bass chords sound high pitched / weird, and not in balance with the first / second button row, Dallape sets only, others sound “normal”. It was the same on the FR1x. Will post clips later.

If you listen carefully it's apparent in this video towards the end:

It is "normal", I just don't like the bass sound of those sets, case closed.

It is "normal", I just don't like the bass sound of those sets, case closed.
Gotcha, it’s not a tech issue, it’s personal preference… and if it’s not something you like, there is the possibility to change it to something that you like better. We’re on the same page.

Back