• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

FR-8X—How Do I Set The Lowest Note On Bass Section?

John M

Site Supporter
Reaction score
When I use “Orchestral Bass” on my LH set up, I can choose any note to be the lowest note. However, when I use “Bass & Chord” on my LH set up, I have not found a way to change lowest note. There are many accordion choices, but I have not found how to change the lowest note.

It seems like the lowest note is set by the “accordion type” I choose. For instance, if I use “Studio”, the lowest note is “C”. If I use “F-Jazz”, the lowest is “E”. I really found this out when I set the 16’ to F-Jazz and the 8’ to “Studio”. It was terrible.

S-o-o, is there a way to change the lowest note in the “Bass & Chord” mode on the 8X?

Thanks Jerry,

The manual describes "lowest note" in section 8.2. They only discuss "lowest note" relative to Orchestra Bass. This was what I found using the PC Editor. But, as much as I "dug" into the options with the Editor, in the accordion "Bass & Chord" section, I couldn't find a "menu path" to change the lowest note. It must be a part of the 26 "Accordion Types" that are available in the "Bass & Chord" section.

Also, I couldn't find where the lowest bass note was identified with the Editor. The way I found it was "By Ear".

Just out of interest (not of practical use): what happens when you use the "transpose" function with regard to the lowest note in accordion modes?

Back