• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Roland FR-4X (or FR-8X) set descriptions

Geir

Reaction score
Which accordions did Roland base the sets on?
Roland provides a set list, but are there any descriptions of the accordions that the sets are based on?

I find the set list for FR-4X in a Roland PDF document titled "FR-4x_Tone_List_e01_W.pdf".
It lists the sets, for example
1 Hello 4X
2 NewCLASC
3 NewMUSET

60 (*1) Balkan 4
61 (*2) 1871
62 (*2) LITURGI1

BUT I've seen an example of a more complete description of a set. See the enclosed image. Do any of you know if there is a similar description of all the sets that the FR-4x (or 8X) comes with?

1871.jpg

I found this many, many years back on the Internet. Not sure how valid it is for the FR8x or how this may translate to the FR4x.
Markus

Attachments

• V acc Factory Registration Sets_OS1.pdf
    213.9 KB · Views: 18
The ones that the Roland’s come with have truly weak descriptions, the one you reference comes from the Dallapé set and they took pains with that one… after alll, they bought out that company and paid for the rights to use the names and sampled sounds. I have never heard of any similar documentation for any of the more generic styles that they come with.

Back