• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Finding Tír na nÓg

When I first heard it I could easily envision the story
Jerry, not only are you are a wizard of an accordionist, a recording technician and post production expert - you have a great intellect and you can see the bigger picture. You brought the recording together so well! Even in the way you added the movement to the photographs etc. Without you, the music would have stayed on the page.

I doubt that you two can have any idea just how much inspiration you provide to this old 'gaffer'.
At my age, intelligent and philosophical conversations are hard to come across, let alone engage in.
(My my psychologist friend calls it "justified experiential cynicism")

I would like to share a piece of music I wrote and recorded recently called Finding Tír na nÓg. It was inspired by a story from my childhood called The Kelpie's Pearls, about the folklore of the Highands and Ireland.

I would also like to thank Jerry for his great assistance in bringing the audio and video together.

I hope you enjoy it.

Your music was beautiful and I was captivated to its end. I hope to hear more of your music here.

Thanks Ian. I also look forward to hearing more of your great music too - both on piano and the new Scandalli accordion.

Back