• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Pokerworks C/G - help with finding key

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfietravel

Reaction score
My pokerworks is a early-mid 1980's diatonic two row model.  On the C row, number 3 is the key of C.  On the G row, where is the key of C?  Or is the third key a G key?  I am confused when I play a song.  For example, if I have a song that goes from G to B to F#, do I still pull out as I do with C when I get to key of B? Any help would be appreciated!! Or, if you know of a site where this is explained it would be great.

Melodeon.net is the place for you - many here have broken into a sweat at the mention of pushing and pulling.
Seriously the above site (forum) will have all you could need - including keyboard layouts.
One source of your difficulty: the word key describes the button and the musical key. If button three is C that's the row for the key of C.
If your tune has a F# in it - chances are you're in the key of G (gross oversimplification.) - so the other row
Hint: Not always but a general rule is - look for the final note, more often than not that is the Key of the tune. Choose the C or G row accordingly.
Good luck
PS On the G row play the chord GBDG press - the B pull is a C note.

OK, thank-you. I have been looking at the keyboard layout and see that I have been reading my accordion wrong. So much to learn.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back