• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Find other members in your area

I hope to be playing near Jaffa Gate this week sometime. Anybody in the Holyland this week?

Hi, I am in Myrtle Beach SC. I've only heard of one other accordion player here. There is a gentleman who plays for a German Restaurant in the Nothern Part of Myrtle Beach but i have never met him - as yet. Wish there were more in the area.

Can't hurt to find out. I'm in Vancouver, WA, just across the river from Portland, OR.

By the way, if you want to be able to find other players from this growing thread in your area, try copy/pasting the following into Google search, replacing the bit in the parentheses with your area's search terms. The "OR"s must be capitalized or they'll be ignored:

site:www.accordionists.info inurl:/threads/find-other-members-in-your-area.1313/ AND (Oregon OR Washington OR "OR" OR "WA")

Hope somebody finds that helpful! Sadly, it returned zero results for me. 🙁

I'm in UK, Essex just outside London and interested in playing Balkan music. Anyone on the forum playing that sort of music in the big smoke?

I'm in Baltimore, MD. Happy to meet up for some accordion fun anywhere within 50 miles of Baltimore.
I also recommend the Maryland Accordion Club which meets once a month in Catonsville, MD

I'm in Baltimore, MD. Happy to meet up for some accordion fun anywhere within 50 miles of Baltimore.
I also recommend the Maryland Accordion Club which meets once a month in Catonsville, MD
It's a good club. I belonged to it for several years when I lived in Severn, Maryland. Lots of good people. Also would go to the Washington Metro Club in DC. Now that I live in Myrtle Beach SC, there is no club or other activity anywhere near here.

Can't hurt to find out. I'm in Vancouver, WA, just across the river from Portland, OR.

By the way, if you want to be able to find other players from this growing thread in your area, try copy/pasting the following into Google search, replacing the bit in the parentheses with your area's search terms. The "OR"s must be capitalized or they'll be ignored:

site:www.accordionists.info inurl:/threads/find-other-members-in-your-area.1313/ AND (Oregon OR Washington OR "OR" OR "WA")

Hope somebody finds that helpful! Sadly, it returned zero results for me. 🙁
Astoria, OR here

Hi Micah,
Does the Braemar Park mean anything to you? That is what I found in your area.
Aberdeen and Langley also show up, but you can't be sure if these are current members or one-timers.

Check this link out:

https://www.accordionists.info/membersmap/

Thanks simonmax!

There is no Braemar Park near me, that's "the other" Vancouver I'm afraid (the one in BC, Canada). Langley is hundreds of miles away, and Aberdeen, while much closer than those others, is still a hundred miles or so away. But I appreciate the effort!

I see 3 people within the Portland, OR area - one is presumably me, although none of the dots are within 10 miles of me, so perhaps not. Another I'd guess to be CC_PDX, and the third might be Xiane, who I think mentioned being in the area.

Thanks simonmax!

There is no Braemar Park near me, that's "the other" Vancouver I'm afraid (the one in BC, Canada). Langley is hundreds of miles away, and Aberdeen, while much closer than those others, is still a hundred miles or so away. But I appreciate the effort!

I see 3 people within the Portland, OR area - one is presumably me, although none of the dots are within 10 miles of me, so perhaps not. Another I'd guess to be CC_PDX, and the third might be Xiane, who I think mentioned being in the area.
I'm definitely in Portland. Just got a really odd old diatonic (like 1930s) that might be interesting to some in the PDX area. Well not odd, so much as, this could have been the future.

George Garside kindly offered to meet up for a natter & a play with anyone in the Anglesey, Wales area.

I would always be happy to hook up with other forum members for a mini-session too, esp outside term time! Reigate, Surrey.
This would be great. Start one in Florida. That's USA.

Back