• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Current Map of US and Canada Accordion Shops/Repairpeople - Input needed

So just add a caveat for people to use their noggins and CALL before coming to someone's place of business or personal home. This is definitely the case with Anderson's Accordions as well and I'd never even think of showing up without a call and setting up an advance meeting date/time.
Absolutely! Even if it's a store front business things can change. Last fall I traveled to Paris France and an accordion shop that was open the week previous had closed their doors the week that I arrived. Life goes on...

Well done!👍👏🙂
Thanks! I really like that in this version people can comment on the info as well as download the whole thing for offline use.
I decided it was better just to leave off street addresses - both for consistencey in format and to encourage calling ahead.

Here is another one:

Jay Fox Band Company, Ft. Wayne, IN

My impression is that you only want to list shops with proprietors who are experts on accordions and offer service and/or a significant selection of instruments. Is that right?

What about accordion builders? If you consider one-row Cajun or French-Canadian style melodeons to be accordions, then I think there are many of these box builders in the Louisiana and Quebec areas. It may be that most only sell their own instruments.

Last edited:
My impression is that you only want to list shops with proprietors who are experts on accordions and offer service and/or a significant selection of instruments. Is that right?

What about accordion builders? If you consider one-row Cajun or French-Canadian style melodeons to be accordions, then I think there are many of these box builders in the Louisiana and Quebec areas. It may be that most only sell their own instruments.
I'd say you've got a good read on it. There's disclaimers there about skill level and services offered, but I want to provide people a starting point.

I know there are a fair number of small accordion builders, but I didn't prioritize them in the first wave or two.

I was also thinking of making separate tabs for concertinas and accordion clubs/associations.

So just add a caveat for people to use their noggins and CALL before coming to someone's place of business or personal home. This is definitely the case with Anderson's Accordions as well and I'd never even think of showing up without a call and setting up an advance meeting date/time.
Yeah, Keith works from home, and he's usually very busy, so an advance notice is a must. He's a dealer for popular brands such as Dino Baffetti and Scandalli. I bought a Dino Baffetti from his last summer.

Bob Snope, who ran the Button Box Repair Shop in Amherst, MA has closed the shop and moved to North Carolina. He is doing repairs again under a new name. He specializes in concertinas and diatonic and chromatic button accordions. I highly recommend him.

Alright, here is the spreadsheet version:
There is a older and excellent accordion repair person near Knoxville TN, who works only out of his house and in general doesn’t sell accordions except a few from his collection when his arm is twisted or after locating on request.

Long experience, plays well and teaches. Moved here from Poland and loves polka, euro, pop, and arranges Beatles songs for accordion. I was impressed by his knowledge and care when cleaning and adjusting mine. (also a piano tuner) He said he accepts only one accordion at a time for tuning or repair.

Would he be appropriate for your list? If so, I can ask if he wants to share his location and contact information.

On a whim today, I started a custom google map of all of the accordion sale and repair places in the US and Canada that came to mind or showed up on a quick google search. Here is the link.

It is necessarily incomplete, and I would appreciate any help in adding spots that you have a website for me to check out or places that you know are active but don't have a web presence.

Further, I have included the shops of some forum members: @JIM D. , @Big Squeezy Accordions , @RomagnoliAccordions , and @Gonk. Please let me know if you would like your info removed or changed.

Thanks,
Zach
Thanks for sharing the list.

There is a older and excellent accordion repair person near Knoxville TN, who works only out of his house and in general doesn’t sell accordions except a few from his collection when his arm is twisted or after locating on request.

Long experience, plays well and teaches. Moved here from Poland and loves polka, euro, pop, and arranges Beatles songs for accordion. I was impressed by his knowledge and care when cleaning and adjusting mine. (also a piano tuner) He said he accepts only one accordion at a time for tuning or repair.

Would he be appropriate for your list? If so, I can ask if he wants to share his location and contact information.
Absolutely!

Bellingers Button Boxes near Rochester NY repairs and restores concertinas, diatonic accordions, and small piano accordions.

I can't believe I forgot about Scott. I have emailed him and follow his YouTube channel. He doesn't work on chromatics or Stradella bass.

I'll get in and update things this week.

Back