• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Can someone in UK do a tuning job for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Stern

Reaction score
Hi there. I am in the states and I had a very nice query from a gentleman in the U.K. asking if I could acquire an 80-bass accordion and tune to Arabic tuning for him. I've tuned accordions like this before (I've posted on this forum about it), but it would seem easier, since he is in the U.K. to find someone there who is willing to do it there. If you have experience with tuning it's not too difficult (but does involve soldering a metal ball on a few outside reeds), and I'd be happy to broker and walk you through it. It's just not something I have much time to do right now and it seems that with shipping it might be easier in the U.K. since he is there (or even pick-up, etc). Anyone want to take a crack? Paid of course. Respond here or PM me. Thanks!

Eric Stern said:
Hi there. I am in the states and I had a very nice query from a gentleman in the U.K. asking if I could acquire an 80-bass accordion and tune to Arabic tuning for him. I've tuned accordions like this before (I've posted on this forum about it), but it would seem easier, since he is in the U.K. to find someone there who is willing to do it there. If you have experience with tuning it's not too difficult (but does involve soldering a metal ball on a few outside reeds), and I'd be happy to broker and walk you through it. It's just not something I have much time to do right now and it seems that with shipping it might be easier in the U.K. since he is there (or even pick-up, etc). Anyone want to take a crack? Paid of course. Respond here or PM me. Thanks!
In these Corona (Covid-19) times location is key. The UK is a large country. Frances O'Rourke might be able to help out if you're in the Manchester area. Not sure you can buy an accordion from her but she can do tuning. (She took the advanced tuning course of the Accordion Craft Academy in Castelfidardo.)

Thank you everyone. And yes, U.K. is rather a broad geographical swath isn't it? I'll find out where my fellow is located and use these contacts given here as a jumping off place. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back