• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Looking for recommendations for someone to do repairs on Giulietti near Central VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike K

Reaction score
I have had my N4 in for repairs three times at one place and it is still not right. Looking for recommendations on someplace I can drive to and get reputable repairs and not have to spend thousands of dollars. Mainly three reeds that are an issue, but a number of smaller issues also.

I don’t know if Dale Wise (Accordion Plus) still repairs accordions; if so, he we would be the closest to your area and he used to sell Giulietti as well. Otherwise, as Jim said, Frank Busso would be your best bet.

Call Busso Music 1-703-941=9300

Does Busso/Deffner do repairs on site or send them out? have emailed him several times but no response. Google maps shows the location as what appears to be a warehouse type area. not sure if it is correct place. guess I need to call.

I do not think think that Busso performs repairs onsite. I think they contract with an independent repairer.

It is located in an industrial warehouse area. It is not in an especially dangerous location or anything like that, but it is not like Liberty Bellows—which is located in a walkable downtown retail area; Busso’s shop can only be reached by car. I have not been there in about 3 years, but at that time they did not have regular hours but opened by appointment only, and it sometimes took a bit of effort to reach them. But once an appointment was made I found them very dependable.

Their shop is small, but nice on the inside. They have a good selection of accordions—mostly Titanos. I do not know for sure, but there may be only one person—two to three at most—in the organization altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back