• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

La foule - can someone send me a nice version in pdf?

You could sign up for a free trial and download the pdf. Then set a reminder to cancel the membership before 30 days are up.

It's a shame that MuseScore, since its acquisition by "Ultimate Guitar," has been used to monetize others' work for their own benefit. My suggestion would be to start a chat with the transcriber and send them some money by PayPal.

The Ariggo Tomasi scores are great quality. I've listened to a few and then done my own versions like Minor Swing and a Mat Matthews one - but it is a very good starting place. I found with the accordion a lot of the scores on the internet (especially musescore) are really trashy or all over the place or change so much that the original song is totally neutered. Your ears are generally a better judge than your eyes. Even the repetative Yann Tiersen stuff beloved of teenage girls gets sanitised and then repeated on so many youtube videos the bleached version becomes the norm. If you listen to him play it normally has a bit more balls and a few more scruches. I'm off to France for six weeks shortly so will do a nice version of La Foule you are welcome to if we have some wet days!

And for those of you that play the type of accordion favoured by the cherubim and seraphim here is a fingered version.
// marks a good place for a bellows change
Red notes with fingering above them are for the repeater rows (counterbass with LH, rows 4 &5 with RH)

Attachments

• Cabral - Que nadie sepa mi sufrir (La Foule) (1).pdf
    192.6 KB · Views: 30
And for those of you that play the type of accordion favoured by the cherubim and seraphim here is a fingered version.
// marks a good place for a bellows change
Red notes with fingering above them are for the repeater rows (counterbass with LH, rows 4 &5 with RH)
Thanks, saundersbp: I wondered what those red notes were. Now I know (y) :)

They'd rather "B" holy than just be C'n to be.
I'm running out of puns now to keep up!
Update, I was looking at some music and it has red notes on the right hand :unsure:
If it's one of my scores it means repeater rows (4/5). I'm only a recent accordionist so I find a bit of fingering helpful. I'm also a cheapskate so my free music programme doesn't do circled fingering, but it does do colours!

Never heard of this guy, but a great resource for people learning by ear. I listened to a few of his videos too which reminded me of a Cruise Liner Band: very good musicians playing nice middle of the road stuff that all can enjoy. I've never been on a Cruise Liner.....

Back