• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Accordion diversity...

We know that "inclusivity" and "diversity" are all the rage these days, so here is some accordion diversity!😀
Other examples of accordion diversity invited !🙂
I've always wondered why this curved design came about. Was the goal to aid in faster, smoother playing for dedicated players? Even though this design doesn't seem to have lasted all that long I'd love to try one of these out someday. :)

To counter the world's largest PA (above), one of the smaller 41/120 PAs.
This one has a 14 inch treble keyboard. The bellows are only 10 inches top to bottom 🙂
However, it's not a toy!🙂
This may well be the smallest dimensioned 41/120 PA pictured on the web ( I couldn't find any smaller)😀
1653556715891.jpeg

Last edited:
Another, the Quint free bass converter (thanks to Walker 🙂)
How did I manage to miss such a smart little post Dingo!

If I may be so bold as to offer up an illustration for the enjoyment of the accordion community.

What can I say - we have a selection of recorders alongside accordion and we have music by Joseph Haydn. We also have the most delightful accordion playing in the Italian tradition of fisarmonica classica with sistema per quinte, (8 bass rows). And if the tone of the Zero Sette was not beautiful enough, just wait until 3 mins 33secs, where we can witness one of the rarest sights in music, the delicate bass trill.

Enjoy

Last edited:
The Grieg is lovely, I didn't know it but I'm going to learn it, thank you!
Reminded me a bit of Schumann - 'Of Foreign Lands and People' which also sounds great on the accordion!
PS don't youtube search for the accordion version of the Schumann, it only has about 10% of the notes!

Last edited:
If anyone wants the accordion music for the Grieg its below

Attachments

• Grieg - Arietta.pdf
    82.3 KB · Views: 20
Thanks for sharing Arietta score Ben. It's a lovely little tune that has an elegant sound. I really gravitate towards this accompaniment style on the bass. I love the softly sustained bass notes and subtle broken chords above. I really look forward to learning it. You are right, there is a dreamlike state to this music, as there is with some of Schumann's work too.

Arietta may possess nothing of the complexity and intellectual might of Bach's work - from the Inventions, English Suites or the Goldberg Variations. In fact, listing a few of his works is a futile game, as it cannot make the tiniest ripple in the ocean of work that the greatest musical mind in history created.

But Arietta does not need to be weighty and impressive. It is simply beautiful, that's all.​

Back