• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Accordion diversity...

What about flat keyboards with accordion treble ( CBA or Piano) and Stradella bass layouts? Or the AxE-Cord, which I own, by the way. They are all not quite accordions because they have no bellows (the early ones had reeds and a motorized fan to supply air; later ones are/were electronic.)

The accordion is so multifaceted, maybe its sheer variety is its greatest strength...

Perhaps the most famous wooden accordion, the Poeta by Victoria?

Alex Meixner also discusses the great variety of folk-accordion music in America.

Last edited:
Perhaps the most famous wooden accordion, the Poeta by Victoria?
This is one I've had a shot on and listening to the clip reinforces my perception. The sound has all the vivacity of a corpse...

This is one I've had a shot on and listening to the clip reinforces my perception. The sound has all the vivacity of a corpse...
Oh, oh right... I was going to get you a Poeta for your birthday Ben... oh well, never mind, I've still got the receipt, I will take it back tomorrow. :LOL:

This I like, and it's easy to play too :) πŸ™‚

Indeed old buddy, it's a heavenly sounding accordion, it really is. I can just imagine the Yorkshire countryside ringing to the melody of Valse pour Caroline and Valse pour Yvette. Transcendent.

Kravtsov - my favourite accordion design, after the piano and button accordion designs.
I will service this one during the summer break. This accordion is just as hard to get tuning and voicing right and valves working properly as it is on a Russian bayan... Not something for the average repairer of Italian and German accordions...

Back