• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Zero sette tuning

Elizabeth

Reaction score
Would anyone know what the tuning is on a zero sette B.11A, it is a 72 bass, 5 treble 3 Bass and 3/4 set reeds.thanks!

Tuning by (Italian) accordion manufacturers always is what the customer (that could be your dealer) asks for. Both the A4 frequency (e.g. 440Hz or 442Hz) and the number of cents of tremolo on MM and/or MMM registers are set to the customer's specification.
So if you buy a used instrument there is often no way of telling what the original owner asked for.
If you buy a new instrument you should specify what you want A4 to be and how much tremolo you want. (If you don't know then your dealer will specify what (s)he thinks you want, which might please you, or not.
Most accordion shops will not ask you what you want. Their rule is simple: "If we ask the customer the customer will not know the answer and will walk out without buying an accordion" so they don't ask.

I bought this accordion in 2005,new. They did not ask me at the time what i wanted, and i did not know enough to ask about it. I guess i could just ask the dealer.

I was ,mainly just curious what it was - to compare it to other accordions’s tunings, when i get around to trading in my 120 bass.

I bought this accordion in 2005,new. They did not ask me at the time what i wanted, and i did not know enough to ask about it. I guess i could just ask the dealer.
You can also just download a tuning app and check for yourself. You probably have to remove the grille to select the M voices separately to measure each one. You should check a few notes around A4 (maybe G4, G#4, A4, A#4 and B4) and average the measurements of the tremolo M reed to find out what the tremolo must have been originally.
I often heard that in the US A4 = 440Hz is pretty standard, but I also often heard from American tuners that they find everything between 440 and 444Hz, so don't take the standard for granted. Around here (Europe) there is no standard. I believe Bugari uses 440 by default (but I have done tuning on Bugari accordions that were 442 and even found one that was 444) and Pigini and Victoria are certainly 442 by default. (Borsini was also 442 by default but no longer exists.)
So don't make any assumptions and just measure.

you should keep it, you can't get a Zero like it anymore, as the factory
situation changed dramatically

they are lucky to have survived and things are very different now

Thanks, i will keep it. I just love it. And the color is a very beautiful aqua blue. Petosa told me its the only one they ever made in that color.it has a lovely musette sound too.

You can also just download a tuning app and check for yourself. You probably have to remove the grille to select the M voices separately to measure each one. You should check a few notes around A4 (maybe G4, G#4, A4, A#4 and B4) and average the measurements of the tremolo M reed to find out what the tremolo must have been originally.
I often heard that in the US A4 = 440Hz is pretty standard, but I also often heard from American tuners that they find everything between 440 and 444Hz, so don't take the standard for granted. Around here (Europe) there is no standard. I believe Bugari uses 440 by default (but I have done tuning on Bugari accordions that were 442 and even found one that was 444) and Pigini and Victoria are certainly 442 by default. (Borsini was also 442 by default but no longer exists.)
So don't make any assumptions and just measure.
Thank you, paul

Back