• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Zero Sette - Giuletti - Petosa

Agreed, weight is a major factor if you want to take your accordion out and about. Also agreed that many big accordion are way excessive from the music that you hear coming out of them....
I might easily come to resent playing an accordion above 12.5kg that I have to carry myself 😆.

That said, the big Petosa Cathedral above is a masterpiece and way beyond my capabilities.

I would go for something quite similar, but a slightly 'reduced' version - with only 4 treble voices, 120 bass and compact 45 note keyboard (it has 18mm keys). That brings it's overall length down to around a 41 note size. This is the Zero Sette B29 - 45 G.R. MF compact:

It is not likely to be a Rolls Royce like the Petosa is, but I think it would be pretty impressive nonetheless.

b29-45.jpg

Last edited:
There’s at least one shop in the US that has their house brand built by the Zero Sette/Bugari factory. They don’t advertise it but if asked they will tell you. They do make it a point to say they are built to spec and not the same models offered by the OEM brands.

There’s at least one shop in the US that has their house brand built by the Zero Sette/Bugari factory. They don’t advertise it but if asked they will tell you. They do make it a point to say they are built to spec
Indeed there is. Having several times played and listened to comparable models from the same factory and same period with different brand names they sound and feel identical.

Back