• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Youngsters, to play accordion…

Keymn

Prolific poster
Reaction score
On my gigs, I often get people approaching me about purchasing an accordion, or getting accordion for themselves, or their children. I often give advice, play music you like to play “Accordions are not just for Polka’s”. The most difficult is where to get lessons and purchase a decent accordion for a starter. Those music stores are not available anymore in many areas. Hope our influences will keep the accordion movement forward…

I don’t know, Dak, seems like the perfect idea to me. Good going Jeff!
Well, I gave my 37/96 PA to a niece after getting hooked on CBA. But I didn't get myself a treat in return. Well, not consciously so. I still ended up with too many accordions.

As compensation for my good deed I bought a new Scandalli Air III CBA.
That sounds like a mighty fine accordion. I'm currently considering the Air III piano version.

Would you recommend the Air III? Would be good to hear your review of it...

I like the way it sounds and it fits me well. I'm new to button accordions, this is my first. My other two accordions are Roland ( 4 & 8 ) so I have nothing really to compare it to. I can say that it is much more pleasant sounding than the Hohner Bravo III. After the next meeting of the Maryland Accordion Club I'll have had it about a month and will be able to judge it against other accordions. There are some Scandallis and Beltunas in the group.

That sounds like a mighty fine accordion. I'm currently considering the Air III piano version.

Would you recommend the Air III? Would be good to hear your review of it...

The longtime master tech/teacher/player/dealer in my vicinity sold new Scandallis for a few years. I tried a couple of 96-bass Air IIIs in the shop at different times and really liked them. Easy response and that warm "Italian sound."

Back