• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Wireless audio upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keymn

Prolific poster
Reaction score
Wireless audio:
Upgrading Line 6 system. Have the line 6 g10 for years. And have always mentioned how the USB Charging port connection is a weak part of this unit. Going to upgrade to the g10s. The base is larger, but uses a regular pedal power supply port. I want to say Line 6 company has been super supportive High five for this company✋.

The first thing one sees when clicking on that link is the danger warning... lol
I'm still on the lookout for an affordable stereo system and dual G10s is not what one can call really affordable, unfortunately. :)

in a crowded area of many wireless systems you need to auto lock on channels and or select a channel.

The first thing one sees when clicking on that link is the danger warning... lol
I'm still on the lookout for an affordable stereo system and dual G10s is not what one can call really affordable, unfortunately. :)
At least the problem was recognized and fixed with the ion battery. How many other products are dangerous?

Several years ago I bought this. worked great at home...first gig it kept cutting out. Threw them in trash bin after gig...I fortunately doing a trade from my g10 at no cost. That is a great company - bravo Line 6....

Have a purpose in mind. Build a pedal unit on a pedal board.
boss gt-1 effects, beat buddy, line 6 g10s, Irig Blueboard.
compact and prewired...set on floor, plug in accordion audio and power supply...

Several years ago I bought this. worked great at home...first gig it kept cutting out. Threw them in trash bin after gig...I fortunately doing a trade from my g10 at no cost. That is a great company - bravo Line 6....
Thanks Larry!
I wonder what the latency is and if it "colors" the sound any, those would be my two most important questions. :)

EDIT: Well the "reported" latency is under 1ms with a full 20-20k HZ range. It certainly is well in to the affordable range and looks ideal for home use. I may have to place the order and find out!

Last edited:
Thanks Larry!
I wonder what the latency is and if it "colors" the sound any, those would be my two most important questions. :)

EDIT: Well the "reported" latency is under 1ms with a full 20-20k HZ range. It certainly is well in to the affordable range and looks ideal for home use. I may have to place the order and find out!
Try it, I was doing party with lots of wireless around...it worked good in home. You can’t beat the price...there is another brand out that someone ordered on Facebook in one of our gr8 discussions...think the one where I was showing my setup? I will look it up...

Thanks Larry!

Getaria Wireless Guitar System 2.4GHz Guitar Transmitter Receiver With 5 Channels Double Stereo For Electronic Guitar Bass Drum

An interesting idea on g10...some are installing a 9 volt to 5 volt regulator, connect to circuit 5 volts, drill hole, install a barrel power socket and use a standard pedal power supply. Note: pedal Power supplies are typical tip negative. May do that on my other older unit?

Getaria Wireless Guitar System 2.4GHz Guitar Transmitter Receiver With 5 Channels Double Stereo For Electronic Guitar Bass Drum

I've been looking at those... it seems there are like 2-3 different models all from China with minor differences but big price differences. What's funny is that when they first came out last year, they were in the $40 range, and today, they are often triple the price or more... yeah, not my thing. :)

too much hassle for a solution you may never really trust...
Yes, I am not into messing with factory originals, making those changes. Plug and play is what I am after. What happened to a good audio/midi cable? I just need the MiDIJet (has an on/off switch to stroll to play accordion to tables with birthday requests. And as far as audio, do not like belt packs, like the g10 module plug in. There are others on the market like x-vive which are only 4 channel...it is all about your choice, if it works, go with it...! The g10s was created because of the g10 usb power complaints, see it all over you tube videos when reviewed.

I've been looking at those... it seems there are like 2-3 different models all from China with minor differences but big price differences. What's funny is that when they first came out last year, they were in the $40 range, and today, they are often triple the price or more... yeah, not my thing. :)

I am not clear on the stereo of the accordion. only way to get true bass and treble side separation you have to turn off the effects. I created 2 channels in my daw and was able to separate each that way. I think it has to be set stereo wide in global too? It has been a while, something you can try...

People do complain a lot about the fact that you cannot get 100% separation between the left and right hands. For the longest times I was one of these people... but the facts are that once I started making recordings, to get a proper blending of a realistic sound stage image, I had to blend the right and left hand channels together anyway... so in effect, I was getting too much separation and had to compensate for it either in post production or in the accordion settings!

There are a couple ways to do this and when done in combination one can get near 100% separation... Yes, using the WIDE settings in global is the way to start, but unless you go in to the pan settings of each desired instrument and bass and pan them full left or right, you won't get maximum effect.

For purposes of having greatest control of the sonic stage in your DAW, you should use the above along with recording them on 2 individual mono tracks (no need to record in stereo and then separate in to 2 mono tracks... small waste of time), and in the DAW you can control the image to the greatest variety of needs and desires.

In my recordings, I try to follow one mantra with this one question... "what would it sound like if I was listening to you in real life?". There is no acoustic accordion on earth where when I am standing 5 feet away in front of you as you play that accordion and where 100% of the sound of the treble is in my left ear and 100% of the sound of the bass is in my right ear. YES, there is a difference between the hands in the left adn right ears, but using a DAW pan setting sense, it is when the volume is pushed between 6% and 10% to one direction or another at most (those that watched my videos of how I edited the music of 2 fellow acoustic accordion players here, saw me emphasize this on the video). So if you want "real life sounding" sound image, that's the settings you use (which incidentally on a Roland V-accordion are near the 100% factory stock settings based on their settings and the proximity of their left/right speakers).

That is why you will NEVER hear me create a recording where 100% of the right hand is in one ear and 100% of the left hand is in the other... it is physically impossible to do in the real world and sounds bizarre, especially if you are using a headphone or quality stereo/speaker setup.

Where control to create a more "creative" stereo image comes in to play is when we can do things like I sometimes do in my DAW settings with acoustic accordions to set that to a more aggressive setting, offset them by 10-20% more than above and that leaves a sonic hole in the center that can be used to add a solo instrument or singing or a percussion attack to punch through for that wow factor that most high-end professional recordings use too. This is how I use the ability to separate the L/R channels, not to "butcher" them, but to give me added control in the post production editing process to place that instrument in a specific location in my sound stage. :)

Sorry, I fell off the deep end. TMI? :) :) :)

Jerry,
Now that I have an Fr-1x, I noticed that when I plugged in a jack cable for recording in either L or R hole, it gave me a mono signal of both sides. I was expecting a mono of either L or R only.

The manual says it will do seperate L and R when plugging into both outputs at once, but you're telling me even then it's not 100% seperated? Or does the instrument always put some L to R output and vice-versa?

Yes, basically, in default settings when we use 2 cables, we have to "settle" to what Roland believes is the propep way to set our instruments in a L/R image. We are free to move things around a nice amount, but a 100% left and 100% right is not quite possible.

When we use 1 cable a MONO image plays through either the right or the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back