• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Winter's Not Far Away

Hmmm, nope, I don't recognize this one. I can't say I am familiar with Mr. Shand. But very distinctive. Quite a different style than the Slovenian, Czech or "Dutchman" (German) polkas played around here.

Sounds like one of George's polkas!

The good news... no more snow over the last few days. The bad news, we are at -28C (-50C with the wind chill factor).

Yes, your cold spell has made news even here: branches falling off trees due to the weight of ice accumulation!😯

It's scary how quickly the weeks and months pass.

Here's a couple of quick photo's I took earlier today (18th January 2024) from out my back garden. I live in a valley called Strathnairn

Apparently the yellow ball thing at the top left of the photo's is called the "sun".

morn photo no2.jpg
morn photo.jpg

It's started snowing heavily this afternoon and the yellow ball thing has disappeared again... so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Back