• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Vivaldi winter

davidplaysaccordion

Reaction score
I am trying to learn Vivaldi’s Winter on a Stradella bass accordion. I am using some piano music I found but I am struggling to interpret one part that is about 2/3 of the way through.
I am wondering if anyone has an accordion specific arrangement, in particular something along the lines of this arrangement

Although I suspect that this is a free bass accordion. I don’t play Freebass so just guessing based on the left hand placement, but I can work with something that is closer to an accordion arrangement than what I have.

I’ve done the usual google thing but not really finding what I need.

Beautiful accordion shame they are out of business.
I think they made a nice bayan also.
As Neil mentioned i do not download anything except from known legit sources or click on any links to anywhere.
It's so easy to pick up avirus or have unwanted sites capture your computer. Then u will have a big problem getting your PC debugged.
Godgi

Last edited:
@davidplaysaccordion, it's a mighty task arranging Vivaldi for solo accordion! You must find your way through it though because the experience will be invaluable.

Here's what Galliano says "when you're orchestrating and arranging you have to write. But you have to erase a lot too to bring out what's essential".

Good luck with the journey...

Here's what Galliano says "when you're orchestrating and arranging you have to write. But you have to erase a lot too to bring out what's essential".
So true! Even the folk and pop lead sheets I arrange seem like 80% reduction, 20% writing.

Will Vivaldi for solo piano work on free base.
as I was thinking of having a look at playing such material.
Storm from summer looks a good piece.
Godgi

Last edited:
I think stretta music have a Vivaldi book suitable for Stradella.
Godgi

Back