• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Where to get reeds? or are the leather straps a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross

Reaction score
I have a Pancordion Crucianelli made in 1954. I never had problems with it and always kept it in the case against an interior wall in an interior room (in an Excelsior case). Suddenly, I have found 5 reeds that do not respond or respond incorrectly. Where can I get it repaired? I live in Killeen, Texas and wish to continue to play and give a lesson or two. (I have been playing since I was 6 years old and studied under 12 years with George Carras, 2 lessons with Magnante and 1 lesson with M. Floren). Please help. Thanks.

Could be several things... Killeen Texas is a warm part of the world, could be melted wax, could be reed valves going bad or simply reeds dirty and needing a blowing through.

My bet is on the valves needing replacingment or dust/dirt. Reeds normally do not go bad, unless rusted... which is also a remote possibility.

I have a Pancordion Crucianelli made in 1954. I never had problems with it and always kept it in the case against an interior wall in an interior room (in an Excelsior case). Suddenly, I have found 5 reeds that do not respond or respond incorrectly. Where can I get it repaired? I live in Killeen, Texas and wish to continue to play and give a lesson or two. (I have been playing since I was 6 years old and studied under 12 years with George Carras, 2 lessons with Magnante and 1 lesson with M. Floren). Please help. Thanks.
You are very lucky to have gotten so many years from your accordion without ever having it serviced. Accordion Rose is in Port Aransas, which seems to be about a 5-hour drive from you.

Give Mike Borelli a call

Fort Worth 817 713-2483

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back