• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

What kind of accordion is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liloshmelo

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My dad recently discovered this accordion in a house he just bought, and I wanted to know what kind it is. I tried to search on google but no results came up:(

On the front there’s a little crown and the brand name which looks like “niAMOnn.” On the back there’s a little emblem that says “Made in Italy BY ....” The name is kinda difficult to make out, I’m guessing it says Jam Ferri or something. Finally the accordion came in a square, black suitcase, and the inside is lined with red velvet.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to help! I greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

• D3379EE9-7F46-478C-B740-7AFE0DEB1EA7.jpeg
    D3379EE9-7F46-478C-B740-7AFE0DEB1EA7.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 66
  • A0097904-6D6C-4103-8FE6-629305012F9B.jpeg
    A0097904-6D6C-4103-8FE6-629305012F9B.jpeg
    401 KB · Views: 95
  • E2F6553F-F836-4050-85DC-C568E46740B4.jpeg
    E2F6553F-F836-4050-85DC-C568E46740B4.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 68
Liloshmelo pid=70096 dateline=1582484589 said:
Hello everyone! My dad recently discovered this accordion in a house he just bought, and I wanted to know what kind it is. I tried to search on google but no results came up:(

On the front there’s a little crown and the brand name which looks like “niAMOnn.” On the back there’s a little emblem that says “Made in Italy BY ....” The name is kinda difficult to make out, I’m guessing it says Jam Ferri or something. Finally the accordion came in a square, black suitcase, and the inside is lined with red velvet.

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to help! I greatly appreciate it!

Hi,

Accordion logo says Diamond and would probably have been manufactured in Italy by Moreschi Brothers on behalf of Aldo Morbidoni, who sold them in the western USA under the Diamond brand name, in the earlier part of the 20th century. Info available here: - http://accordionlinks.com/manufacturer.html

Scroll down until you find Diamond.

Sorry I cant help you further, but there are a few US accordion dealers on the forum who should be able to assist. Im based in the UK where the brand name is unknown. 

The condition of the accordion will affect its value, which I couldnt hazard a guess at. It looks to be in reasonable condition, but as they say, looks arent everything.

Wow, thank you so much for your help, maugein96. Thanks to your imput, I was able to figure out that the name on the back is actually Sam Ferry, not Jam Ferri. Sadly, I haven't found my exact accordion online, so I have no clue what its worth is, but I'm glad to have at least a little information! Have a great day.

Liloshmelo pid=70103 dateline=1582528749 said:
Wow, thank you so much for your help, maugein96. Thanks to your imput, I was able to figure out that the name on the back is actually Sam Ferry, not Jam Ferri. Sadly, I havent found my exact accordion online, so I have no clue what its worth is, but Im glad to have at least a little information! Have a great day.

No problem. I had a look on the internet and saw a handful of old Ebay listings advertising accordions like yours as Sam Ferri/Morbidoni, but sadly the listings were old and have been taken down.

A lot of Morbidoni accordions similar to the one in your pics ended up in Brazil, and you might have more joy if you look for Morbidoni to find the model, as the accordion is in fact a Morbidoni badged as a Diamond. 

A good player can get sounds like these out of a top of the range Morbidoni:-

That accordion will be older than either of us (Im 67), and you just wont get anything like it these days. 

At a rough guess Sam Ferri may have been the alias of a department of Morbidoni in Castelfidardo, Italy, but the accordion makers there have formed countless cooperatives with each other over the years and unless you are a real accordion buff youd have a hell of a job working it all out. 

I play French made accordions so dont know a lot about Italian makers. 

Good luck!

If you were able to post a short video of you playing some notes on it that would help assess its value. It looks gorgeous though

Lots of Italian accordions were made for U.S. distributors under a variety of names. Many are of excellent quality but because they do not bear a "brand name" their commercial value is not the same. Lots of full-size accordions can be found online and elsewhere, for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back