• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Vintage Hohner 12 button bass…Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
62999BA0-5286-4075-A64A-958D66D4006F.jpeg

Hello all! So I’m almost done restoring this old C/G Hohner (wait until you see the after photos!). But a ome bass reeds are sooooo out of tune that I don’t know what the correct tuning should be. I’ve checked some old Hohner books, but I can’t find a chart for 12 bass buttons. Does anyone know the correct tuning? Thanks for your help! Renee at Romagnoli Accordions

I can't help with the original question but what a truly evocative link.
I do have a real thing for small 'vintage' accordions.
Wonderful!

I imagine someone here willl be able to answer your question, but if not, you might try Scott Bellinger at: http://bellingersbuttonboxes.com/
Thank you! He certainly looks like someone who would know and I look forward to his reply. On a side note...I've been in the accordion "world" for over 10 years and never heard of his shop. Just goes to prove that there is always something new to learn. Thanks again!

I can't help with the original question but what a truly evocative link.
I do have a real thing for small 'vintage' accordions.
Wonderful!
This job has taken almost 5 months to complete. If you believe in "learning by doing"...then this has become a master class in restoration! I can't wait until the owner picks it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back