• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Uwe Steger digital accordion with new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

Digital accordions can be used for experimenting with different setups for eg bass systems.

Uwe Steger is using an old principle from the 19th century (anology with the minimal setup of bass side of the Schrammelharmonika, based on 2 notes forming a third), and has transferred this idea to the modern digital accordion.

This idea can lead to a number of new or alternative chord combinations.

I would suggest people with digital accordions (I only play acoustic accordions, but Im not deaf or blind for the possibilities of digital instruments, in new music genres) , you can eg also form bass chords on your melody side (the right hand side of your digital accordion).
You are no longer restricted to only use bass chords with your left hand side.

You can eg also have single notes (both left and right side), + bass chords (both left and righ side).
This may sound crazy, but it could open new musical and technical possibilities.

Me, Im waiting to see what will happen in this field, and Im happy playing my old acoustic accordions.

But its true digital music instruments are fascinating to watch in YT videos.

Stephen,
That video you posted was mind blowing!
I'm suffering from future shock :p
Stop the world, I want to get off!! :)

Guys, its an near match to the Stredella system, nothing super revolutionary, but what is, is that it is also a different style of Free Bass system, however, from the little that I know of the FLY system, it does some things really easily/well at the expense of being able to play more complex bass runs.

()

Any Free Bass accordion can play those chords, but in some cases they can be a bit of a stretch, but then again, the FLY system is restricted to how fast one can play on the left hand other than chords as, for example, chromatic scales are a bear to play on the FLY system in comparison.

I mention this in another post, but, what is more eye opening is Uwes choice of accordion, he seems to consistently be at the right place at the right time... ie: one of the first with a Roland, one of the first with an Evo and now one of the first with THIS accordion. This is a man with some serious connections and skills in business as well as with the accordion. :)

Is this the accordion that is going to take the place at the top of the mountain of the digital accordion world?

Edit: Damn, after looking at their website... that is one ugly accordion... lol

What's also interesting to notice is the international cooperation with this FLY accordion system. 

(Can't help it but the name FLY sounds funny. The words zipper and some legendary cult scenes with George McFly from Back to the Future  come up in my memory) 

Production of these digital FLY accordions by the Gwerder company in Switzerland. 
The inventor of the system and website administrator is in Bangkok, Thailand. 

As for Bugari, on their official website they say their Chinese investor has intensified the cooperation with Bugari for digital accordions for the Chinese market. 

The Coupe Mondiale has a digital accordion competition. This year it was in China, so a perfect promo opportunity for digital accordions in the Asian markets.

Gwerder accordions... I have read of many people that bought it and kind of liked it... until the 7X came out, at which time it was basically a no competition between the two and Gwerder owners moved quickly to the Roland camp, so I don't see that company as being the next "big thing".

From what I understand, FLY is not an accordion company, just a company that has a system that is touting itself as the evolution of the Stradella and Free Bass systems installable on other digital accordions and are about to approach Roland to see if they could introduce their system, possibly as a firmware update.

Interesting times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back