• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Titano Royal vs Titano Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

danp76

Reaction score
Hi everyone, what's the difference between a chambered Virtuoso and a chambered Royal of the same vintage? Just different quality reeds? What makes the Royal better than the Virtuoso? Thank you!

The Virtuoso models were of the "Super Models"
All 4/5 reed with 42 Key keyboard

V-- 4/5 reed 18"keyboard
V2-- same with 19" keyboard
JV--Tone Chamber with 18" keyboard
JV2 Same with 19"keyboard
They had bass registers of 11+1/5

The Royal Models were of the "Custom Models"
All 4/5 reed with a 45 Key keyboard & Tone Chamber
They had bass registers 15+1/7

J2 --Tone Chamber 18" keyboard
JW45 -- Same with a 20" keyboard
JLT--- lightweight models with 19" keyboards.

As far as the maker of the hand made reeds in these Victoria made Titanos -- Some were made in house and some obtained by
fine Italian craftsmen all Superior Quality.

Last edited:
Thank you, Jim!

Here are some pictures of the Virtuoso reeds. I don't see any blue color on the edges upon viewing with a magnifying glass. Does this mean that they are hand finished and not hand made?

This accordion is a 41/120, a similarly equipped Royal would be the same accordion, except for better reeds? I have seen several Royal's with a 41/120 configuration. Some of the Virtuoso and Royal accordions that are both 41/120 and chambered would the only difference be the reed quality?

Attachments

• Virtuoso reeds pic 1.jpg
    Virtuoso reeds pic 1.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Virtuoso reed pic 4.jpg
    Virtuoso reed pic 4.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Virtuoso reed pic 3.jpg
    Virtuoso reed pic 3.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 13
  • Virtuoso reed pic 2.jpg
    Virtuoso reed pic 2.jpg