• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

The accordion players of Barra

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puxto

Seeing as I accidently started a conversation about alcohol and accordions previously, and reffering back to the subject of pints near accordions this gives me the heebie jeebies.
Ive seen this clip many times and still cant work out whether this is a wonderful or terrible scene :lol: kind of both? the poltergeist near the end doesnt seem impressed! ;)
Ps Hope Im not giving myself a reputation! Haha im really not much of a drinker :) :geek: :ch

Ps Hope I'm not giving myself a reputation! Haha im really not much of a drinker

Too late they all say that. Its called self denial. A bit like ..saw who? ME? in the street with an accordion...No, not me. Best wishes.

PS I would like to visit Barra sometime. There is a very good festval there...so I am told, but I'm not much of a drinker.

it looks as if only the player of the large continental box was pisatively post as the standard improved a wee bit when he stopped playing!

george :ch :lol:

Did I detect the strains of that ever popular and ancient Scottish Folk Song "If It Wasnae Fer Yer Wellies" William Connolly circa 1976 ish ?

Barra playing. I do hope this was all after the Sun was over the yard arm....and certainly not on the Sabbath....after all.....standards must be maintained.. The winters are long and dark up there you know.

There is the story of an American tourist giving a lift to a crofter, on the mainalnd, and by way of conversation said....."gee its quiet up here. What do you get to do all year?" The answer by the Crofter was something like this.......(spoken with a West Coast accent off course)

"Well. In the Summer; there is the fishing and the fornication. In the Winter; there is no fishing."

Best wishes to you all and a good decent forum is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back