• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Thanks for the “join”

Mike t.

Reaction score
About me.. Mike t.
Took lessons when I was about 10 stopped when I was about 15. Played in an accordion band in Tacoma Wa. for a couple years in my thirties. I once went to Petosa accordion shop in Seattle, fell in love with their tuba bass piano accordion. When I retired my kids and wife bought a refurbished (like new) 1970’s Petosa accordion. My four kids all played fiddle/violin, guitar so I’ve sat through old time fiddle lessons a million times! I joined WAMA acoustic music jam and their slow jams are easier, a lot to learn on their regular circle jams! My greatest brush with fame was at a swap-meet, years ago, there was an old accordion for $25. I asked if it played? He said to try it and see. I played the “Just Because Polka“ and had thirty people instantly gathered around. I said the bellows leak, he marked it up to $50! Thanks for the invite, having fun, Mike t.

Welcome! That story is a very familiar and often repeating one... I myself went through heavy education from age 4 to my late teens then basically dropped it completely only to pick it up again 35 years later. It's a heck of a ride! :)

Back