• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Strange Harmony Accordion

Status
Not open for further replies.
the vendor does refer to it as 'C system' so do the 3 rows of keys equate to the buttons on a 3 row continental?

george

I'll risk having a stab at this -

I believe this is a button acordion made to look like a Piano Accordion (PA). At one time (1920/30/40s )PA's were so popular with the paying public in the States that venues wouldn't book button accordionists - so some players/ accordion manufacturers (had)made button accordions to look like PAs so when asked, they said they played PA, & it looked to the agents/impressarios/audience like a PA.

JimD will know ALL about it, I'll wager, and put me straight if I'm talking out of my proverbial :)

It's a lovely looking instrument and appears to be later than the above dates.

George & Ed -- you are both correct, its the same layout as a "C" system button box. JIM D.

There was and is a similar chromatic system using the piano keyboard. Alice Hall played one of these and can be heard here - --

The Cantari is a well made box but be aware it weighs 35+ lbs. or 15+ kg . JIM D.

JIM D. said:
The Cantari is a well made box but be aware it weighs 35+ lbs. or 15+ kg . JIM D.
Ill pass on that then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back