• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Sonola r465

macca4977

Reaction score
Hi There, First time posting.. I am hoping someone may be able to help me with some info on my accordion. It was my later fathers who passed away 20+ years ago. According to the label it is a model R465 made in Italy. I’m curious as to the detail behind it.. when it was made, how many were made etc.. it’s a an enormous yet wonderful instrument but sadly I am completely useless at playing but I’d love to pass this on to someone who could love it as much as my dad did.. 9DD026CB-37A1-417B-8F66-F2EC30342EFD.jpeg

Attachments

• 530B83EC-6369-43E6-A9E8-CB653144878B.jpeg
    530B83EC-6369-43E6-A9E8-CB653144878B.jpeg
    397 KB · Views: 5
macca:
Great looking accordion,, which I am sure would be of interest to the right person.
I not an expert by any means, but I think several of our members will give you some good guidance

Macca,
I'd say it's from the mid to late 1960s.
It's a bit hard to make out, but appears to have 5 sets of treble reeds (LMMMH) 🤔, so a bit above average.
It's by a reputable maker.
Of course, condition (including the internals) is everything!🙂
Also, tastes vary over time as regards the level of "wetness " in the tuning: relatively dry tuning being preferred currently.

Last edited:
Back