• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Sonola accordian?

JimmyG

Reaction score
Hi guys Can you tell anything about this accordian. It doesn't have the same design as most Sonolas. Just curious as to what the year and model is, and what it might be worth?20230909_155501.jpg

welcome JG !🙂
Nice instrument in a popular colour by a good maker, possibly from the late 1950s to early 1960s, but not one of their upper shelf models.
Still, quite good for a beginner or amateur player.
Measure the distance between the outermost edges of the outermost white keys: if around 17 inches, it's a youth's, ladies or beginners model.
If around 19 inches, a full size model.
The picture is a little fuzzy, but it appears to have 3 voices (Low, Middle, Middle) and probably a vibrato ( or "musette ") tuning.
Similar accordions by various makers regularly appear in online markets in Australia at asking prices ranging from around $A500 to $A1,000+, depending on working condition and how long they've been without an offer .
Check out the local listings ( Google "accordion for sale near me ") in Facebook and gumtree for an idea of the market.🙂
Just remember, these are asking prices only (and they can be very slow movers)🙂

welcome JG !🙂
Nice instrument in a popular colour by a good maker, possibly from the late 1950s to early 1960s, but not one of their upper shelf models.
Still, quite good for a beginner or amateur player.
Measure the distance between the outermost edges of the outermost white keys: if around 17 inches, it's a youth's, ladies or beginners model.
If around 19 inches, a full size model.
The picture is a little fuzzy, but it appears to have 3 voices (Low, Middle, Middle) and probably a vibrato ( or "musette ") tuning.
Similar accordions by various makers regularly appear in online markets in Australia at asking prices ranging from around $A500 to $A1,000+, depending on working condition and how long they've been without an offer .
Check out the local listings ( Google "accordion for sale near me ") in Facebook and gumtree for an idea of the market.🙂
Just remember, these are asking prices only (and they can be very slow movers)🙂
Thankyou sir, for your fast and informative response. Sorry about the fuzzy pic, yes it has 3 voices. It plays fine and all keys are working but unfortunately a few of the white keys have popped up and one is a doesn't press down freely. I picked it up for $250 so I'm pretty happy with that as it gives me a bit of room to get these issues repaired, hopefully I can find a repairer in QLD. :)

Back