• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Songbook+, Roland FR4x and IPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keymn post_id=48767 time=1500425019 user_id=2286 said:
Jerry, can this Be programmed on the chin switch on your FR8X? Register up/down,...?
Yes, quite easily:
Set Up, Set Down: The Chin switch allows you to select the next (Down) or previous (Up) Set memory.
UPG Up, UPG Down: The Chin switch allows you to select the next (Down) or previous (Up) User Program memory.
Regist Up, Regist Down: The Chin switch allows you to select the next (Down) or previous (Up) treble register

Those chin switches can do a surprizing number of different things, even control drums on/off, choose specific registers add effects or even start/stop play next/back MP3 songs and a lot more.

JerryPH post_id=48790 time=1500506326 user_id=1475 said:
Jerry, can this Be programmed on the chin switch on your FR8X? Register up/down,...?
Yes, quite easily:
Set Up, Set Down: The Chin switch allows you to select the next (Down) or previous (Up) Set memory.
UPG Up, UPG Down: The Chin switch allows you to select the next (Down) or previous (Up) User Program memory.
Regist Up, Regist Down: The Chin switch allows you to select the next (Down) or previous (Up) treble register

Those chin switches can do a surprizing number of different things, even control drums on/off, choose specific registers add effects or even start/stop play next/back MP3 songs and a lot more.

I believe the fc300 can be programmed the same. Pedal only option on fr4x?

In the process of ordering a second UD-BT01 For the accordion, so Songbook+App selects register.
Still need to control register up/down like the chin switch with a pedal like airturn or BlueBoard. I can not get any info on this. Maybe not possible?

Keymn post_id=48791 time=1500521022 user_id=2286 said:
JerryPH post_id=48790 time=1500506326 user_id=1475 said:
Yes, quite easily:

I believe the fc300 can be programmed the same. Pedal only option on fr4x?

In the process of ordering a second UD-BT01 For the accordion, so Songbook+App selects register.
Still need to control register up/down like the chin switch with a pedal like airturn or BlueBoard. I can not get any info on this. Maybe not possible?
Only way at this time, I had another separate iPad mini with songbook + app dedicated to move register up/down. Used the airturn BT-105 to do this. I cant see this as practical? Rather not move bank up/down with a bluetooth pedal. Rather use the pedal as page turner. Think using the Songbook + app to select a particular bank area is good enough. I am not that fancy of a player. I may get a video out on YouTube to demo this. Page 42 and 43 of the Songbook+ user manual explains this. 8x has the chin switches to move registor up/down if programmed. Do not have that convenience on the 4x. :hb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back