• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

BK7m songbook app for Ipad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Keymn

I am using an app, Songbook + on my iPad. It links directly to my Korg Pa3x Songbook via Bluetooth. Select a song on the app, immediately selects that song in the songbook of the Korg. Have 3000 songs setup with this app. Also the app brings up the music, lyrics or chords on the iPad for that song when selected. Does the Bk7m have the same capabilities, song list presets, etc.?
:?

Not in the same manner. Yes, one can save song lists but these are more for saving and bringing up settings within the BK, not to view lyrics and chords. When you save a song in the list it saves the intro variation, starting variation, selected rhythm, tempo, and instruments. All the musician does is hit the start pedal and start playing along. Though the BK does have a video output, I don't believe it is fully/properly exploited.

Different tools for different jobs.

It is called Bluetooth LE MIDI. Korg arrangers had this feature going way back to 2007. My old PA1x had the capabilities. I do not carry sheet music, all on my iPad Pro. Midi in and out uses control channel 16. In fact, I can put my iPad on a stand away from my keyboard, just select songs on pad. Never touch my keyboard. If Roland upgraded there BK7m with the same songbook feature, I would be first in line to purchase one. Like the portability and do away with keys. I am not sure why Roland did not have this? The Songbook Plus App only mentions Korg.
This would be something to ask Roland. Maybe it can be done?

Not likely. Isn't the BK-7m discontinued now?

I think my next big purchase might be a big tablet and a PDF reader with BT capability to select the next or last songs and turn pages. The days of the printed page on a music stand are going to be a thing of the past for me one day. :)

Go for it. Get rid of those sheets! The IPad Pro is best for this. Fast and Large screen, almost page size. Fits perfectly on a music stand. I have been doing this for several years.

Attachments

• IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    490.6 KB · Views: 1,639
That does look very i teresting to me. Also there are free ipad apps from Roland that look like some more added fun... The BK Partner, that lets you control the BK from the ipad and is a lyrics viewer, and the BK editor, lets you modify the setup in pretty much all the ways a person would need.

Is that the larger version of the iPad Pro? It would be great for displaying music instead of the notebook with pages.

Quite a few modern laptops have large screens, fold like a tablet and are touch sensitive with blue tooth.
Maybe one of these is a viable and flexible alternative, especially in vieĊµ of their flexibility to support DAWs and editors etc.

The IPad Pro is almost page size. I had regular size, although too small.
Speed is important to me when selecting a PDF.
Igig book is good app to read PDF downloaded purchased fake Books. Music Reader too is a good app. I tried them all but Songbook+, Baum Software is my favorite. It can play midi and MP3 too. All I Use it is for sheet music, lyric read and interface with the Korg PA3x Songbook. I have a Yamaha bt-01 which is a midi to Bluetooth transmitter from my Korg(plugs in the host port). Wireless to ipad, No need for the iPad camera kit connection. Works perfect.
I can go anywhere in the room with my iPad, select the song from the songbook iPad playlist, as soon as I hit a left hand chord on my accordion and it will start the style selections on my keyboard remotely. How to end the song, another problem, which can be done with a Bluetooth transmitter taped to my accordion , hit the button, song ends. This requires more hardware though.
I think they have Bluetooth pedals that you can program to do functions on the keyboard? End, start stop, variation, harmony, etc. that will be my next project.

That is why I was asking before if BK7m is capable as in my application. :ch

My question is: are the performances stored on the Bk7m and you're using SongBook as an index to manage the stored content? Are there Android compatible versions of the same or similar software that would manage the songs and talk to the Bk7m?

I don't know of there are Android versions but the performance list can be *either* the ones built in to the BK *or* whatever performance list you load. The way that the setup works is that irrespective of which one is loaded (custom performance list or the musicl assistant), Songbook sends the signal to "open" a specific entry. See my last video on the wireless setup in this forum for a more complete explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back