• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

searching Scottish tune

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

Cd 3 of my Myths & Traditions: Irish & Celtic Music 4 Cd-box has a traditional tune, played on harp solo, and it is given the very unique name of Scottish love song...

Theres a zillion of scottish love songs on YT, and Im looking for the sheet music.

http://www.allmusic.com/song/scottish-love-song-mt0026354229

It sounds like a slow 6/8 tune, but could be notated in another meter.
Anyone knowing the original title of this traditional tune?

Hi Stephen,
I don't recognise the tune but if you can enter some of the notes into folktunefinder.com then the programme may be able to identify it.
Ca canny
Garth

Thank you for the link to the tune finder.
Problem is I don't have the sheet music yet, the only thing I have is the title, "Scottish love song".

It's track 22 of CD3, but the title probably is not the original one.

Wanted to play this slow and dreamy tune on english concertina.

Stephen,
I am Scottish. I don't have the Gaelic language but recognise this tune as one of Scottish Gaelic origin.
I'm sure you will soon get an answer if you direct the sound clip to a Scottish Gaelic music website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back