• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Recommendation for Gordon Pattullo, Scottish accordion tuner and repairer

vivdunstan

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m lucky to have Gordon Pattullo nearby in Perthshire, but he does work longer distance for many people, and is also used by many professional accordionists to work on their boxes.

Some years ago he did a total retune of my 1981 Paolo Soprani made PA, retuning all the reeds and also reattaching all the valves. Excellent job, and a friendly efficient chap to deal with too.

Last week I got him to do a quick spot retune of a couple of notes. Done on the spot, in half an hour. He also checked and tweaked a few more in that time.

I’d recommend him without question.

Here is his website:

And his Facebook page:

I contacted him and never heard back
Sorry to hear that @petch He's usually very responsive to emails, so it may be worth dropping him another message.

His Facebook profile page was hacked some time ago and he lost access to it, so any messages sent to there won't reach him now. I gave a link above to the newer page that he set up more recently.

He can also be contacted by mobile phone.

I’d recommend him without question.

I've also heard good things but no personal experience.
As far as the UK is concerned "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" by which I mean there isn't much competition in the sector. I do hope the craftsmen we do have are training apprentices to pass on a lifetime of skills and expertise.

Back