• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Russian digital box

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 48

Has anyone seen this YT video with these two instruments?
I wonder who produced the instruments.
Looks like a digital garmoshka and a plastic sort of accordina (showing at 700)

[color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Первая в Мире виртуальная гармонь! Она аж светится от своей энергетики![/font][/color]

Thanks Stephen,
The Ruskis are a canny lot and we have a shameful tendency to underrate them :(
Remember: they beat Napoleon, Hitler, and us ( into space).
We had to rely on them to access the space station when NASA was unable to function.
So "watch this space " :)
Nice tone and I love the characteristically deep bass! :)

I don't understand a word but I always enjoy Владимир Бутусов's videos - so much enthusiasm and he's a good player.

That device does look very, err, Russian! It's impressive the way he plays accurately on what I assume are flat surfaces.

Great bass as you say, Dingo, though that's all in the electronics.

Cue the old story about "space pens" and pencils. (Sadly untrue.)

Wow, now there's an interesting little gadget! Sort of like a V-accordion drawn to its logical end point. I wonder, though, what the video title means by calling it the world's first virtual accordion, when the Rolands and all sorts of midi-things have been around quite long? Does this thing predate them? Too bad I've forgotten most of the Russian I learned in high school, since I'd really like to know what Butusov tells in the video.

There is an old YT video of the electro bayan Topaz (Электробаян Топаз (electro bayan Topaz) )

On this Russian page for diatonic garmon/garmoshka enthusiasts shared some .jpg informative pictures of the construction of this Topaz electronic accordion :
http://russian-garmon.ru/forum/garmoni-obmen/16623-elektrobayan-topaz

And the plastic accordina thing looks to be a midi B-system keyboard.

Its called a bayan garmon midi keyboard in this video demonstrations:

Ноу-хау! Баянно гармонная миди клавиатура!

Бомическая баяно-гармонная миди клавиатура PartyMaker.

All these digital accordions and keyboards are great if you are into electronic experiments, loopings, etc

But I prefer the acoustic accordions with bellows, they are easier to carry around, and you can go outdoors without a problem. Into the streets, markets, woods. I love to get some fresh air outdoors with my accordions.

These two instruments designed and developed by Vladimir Butusov's own small company. They also provide customized MIDI harmonicas, accordions, etc.
I happen to understand Russian, so if you have questions about the video ask them here.

I don't know much but I do know the first thing that came to mind was that looks like the control panel out of a tie fighter, and I have never seen one of those.

Very cool, love the innovation and skill on display!

Butusov is such an entertaining guy. I remember when I was first looking at changing to CBA on a Roland and his videos were among those that amazed me. There were also other videos that I remember that took a lot of accompaniment modules, some ripped from keyboards, and merged them into bayans/accordions.

Definitely a lot of creativity, where there is a will there is a way. Ill have to go check out what Butusov is up to now. :)

Haha... those have to be the Frankensteins of the MIDI accordion world, but one cannot help but smile and enjoy!

There is a Topaz electronic accordion-esque Russian instrument for sale on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back