• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Roland FR3X midi issue

The FR3 X has only one MIDI jack/port...., you can however choose whether it is transmit only, or receive only.
Right, but I do not believe it is a POWERED port, it sends signal only MIDI data, not a 5volt signal that would be needed to power something like the CME wireless MIDI products, something the 8X does by default. To get powered bi-directional midi one needs to use the USB adapter and another product from CME.

Right, but I do not believe it is a POWERED port, it sends signal only MIDI data, not a 5volt signal that would be needed to power something like the CME wireless MIDI products, something the 8X does by default. To get powered bi-directional midi one needs to use the USB adapter and another product from CME.
I used my Roland fr3xb with a CME wireless MIDI without problems, output only.

I used my Roland fr3xb with a CME wireless MIDI without problems, output only.
Awesome, now try the input, it won't work... the input draws power from the cable that the output uses, but you did show me it *is* a powered port when sending, thank-you! :)

Back