• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Roland Digi-ccordions. Is this the future of accordion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the same question that was being
asked by photographers in the early 1990s!?

They cheated with the drum set, though. Not allowed.

yes, all the Roland V-Accordions have Drums inside

because they ALL have a full and very complete GM sound set
embedded in the common chipset

the problem is the software of only a few models allows access
and to GM and re-mapping to the V

or hacking the software as we did by programming on the 7x for the 3x
or hacking in a new way as yet to be shared

the V series have a huge amount, an incredible amount actually, of
capabilities that they simply did not allow us access to

Even in this "restricted" mode they offer more than anything currently on the market and a very wild guess on my part is that most owners don't go much further past using 10-20% of the instrument's capabilities anyway. I've probably hit the 20-25% of it's capabilities, and have more than I need already... lol

The slightly sad part is that I *think* that the 8X is going to be the last Roland V-accordion that Roland will release.

while i agree with you basically, i also feel very sad that they
did not allow some way for the programmers and adventurers among
us to address these "hidden" easter eggs

maybe if they had, the 8x would not be the last one

Even in this "restricted" mode they offer more than anything currently on the market and a very wild guess on my part is that most owners don't go much further past using 10-20% of the instrument's capabilities anyway. I've probably hit the 20-25% of it's capabilities, and have more than I need already... lol

The slightly sad part is that I *think* that the 8X is going to be the last Roland V-accordion that Roland will release.
I haven’t heard as much as a whisper coming out of Roland or the rumor mill for quite a long rime, so I have to agree with you. It’s sad, but probably true, when you consider the small percentage of Roland sales represented by V-Accordions.

They have to say "Made in Italy" to get the cachet sales. When that labor gets too expensive they'll ditch it, or change it to "Italian Quality."

They have to say "Made in Italy" to get the cachet sales. When that labor gets too expensive they'll ditch it, or change it to "Italian Quality."
Hahaha.... But I'm sure many people read "Italian Quality" as "Made in Italy."

A friend of my wife asked me to buy a cosmetic product for her from eBay (she didn't have an eBay account).

I viewed the product descriptions on eBay, and became suspicious. I asked her, "Do you know where it is made?" "It's made in Switzerland."

"Can I see the box again?" She gave me the box.

In a big bold letters on the label on top, it said, "Swiss Formula." In a tiny font on the label at the bottom, it said, "Made in China."

Reactions: Tom
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back