• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Real Crucianelli?

Tina

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum and would like to find out some more information about a family accordion. It has Crucianelli and Castelfidaro - Italia on it. It plays well and is in good condition but I would really like to know how old it may be. If anyone can help that would be great. Hopefully I've managed to include a picture of it. 😊 Thank you.IMG_20220806_103013_245.jpg

A 20's to mid 30's box. It can be refurbished & repaired to it's original condition but in the end will
not be with the cost of repair.

The mould on the leather straps should be enough to give you an idea of condition and value of this accordion ...🤣

As a side note, you ever notice how on older accordions the straps are so narrow? I always wondered how uncomfortable they must have been. I’ve seen on these prewar instruments the straps are barely 1/2inch wide snd thin pieces of bare leather. Must have been real uncomfortable after playing for a while.

I agree with JimD as to its age: a pre WW2 instrument.
Like some people appreciate old cars, others appreciate older instruments.
This seems to be in amazing condition for its age!🙂

Cavilieri de Sante Crucianelli and Figli

all that is left is the Hotel Parco and some photo albums

that is a cool accordion, and i hope you can keep it
in playable condition and enjoy it for awhile

I agree with JimD as to its age: a pre WW2 instrument.
Like some people appreciate old cars, others appreciate older instruments.
This seems to be in amazing condition for its age!🙂
Thank you Dingo, yes it really is in good condition considering how old you guys have told me it is - ok, so the leather straps need a little conditioning but it sounds lovely.

Cavilieri de Sante Crucianelli and Figli

all that is left is the Hotel Parco and some photo albums

that is a cool accordion, and i hope you can keep it
in playable condition and enjoy it for awhile
Thank you. 👍

Thank you Dingo, yes it really is in good condition considering how old you guys have told me it is - ok, so the leather straps need a little conditioning but it sounds lovely.
"Sounds lovely" does not really mean that the condition on the *inside* is good. If you want (us) to see what it takes to bring even more life back into this instrument you need to open it up and have a look inside at the reeds and leathers.

"Sounds lovely" does not really mean that the condition on the *inside* is good. If you want (us) to see what it takes to bring even more life back into this instrument you need to open it up and have a look inside at the reeds and leathers.
Thanks Debra, I do understand that the years will have taken their toll, I just meant given its age everything still works 'ok' 🙂

Thanks Debra, I do understand that the years will have taken their toll, I just meant given its age everything still works 'ok' 🙂
If the condition of the interior wood, leathers, and reeds looks like the accordion body, you might be right. If instead it looks more like the straps, probably not.

Back