• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Quick soundcheck...Si Tu Vois Ma Mere

Wow, you one stylish chap!

@Dingo40 yep, love the sound of this accordion too, lovely bass balance and the cassotto bassoon is so rich, funny thing is I've had a peek inside and don't see no fancy reeds . just bog standards maybe not even hand finished..who cares.... I'd been toying with idea of buying new sonola ss4 with LM in cassotto and nothing else...might as well just pull the piccolo reeds out of this one and reduce the weight..should amount to the same thing....🤣
@Tom ..the more you know me the more you'll realise I'm nothing more than style over substance...😉
Joking aside I took out a new set gospel/blues and was unsure how it would land....I was surprised how well received it went ..45min gig....ended up playing 75mins....best bit for me was when security turned up and sat around me and said they'd come for the gospel and could I play right up until their shift started ... hallelujah 🙏

Sounds like a great gig, congrats Terry!

Missed this post initially... (dropped off the recent posts list I guess).
Great sound from that accordion!
The drum with your foot on the platform I like a bit less though. Not sure if it was intentional.

Missed this post initially... (dropped off the recent posts list I guess).
Great sound from that accordion!
The drum with your foot on the platform I like a bit less though. Not sure if it was intentional.
Unintended...i how the phone recording made it sound worse than in did in real situation..
I need a softer shoe for that shuffle..🤣

Unintended...i how the phone recording made it sound worse than in did in real situation..
I need a softer shoe for that shuffle..🤣
Actually, it's the platform you were on that amplified the sound. You don't hear it as much when you are sitting on the platform as the sound comes out from underneath. It's a very common issue when sitting on such a platform. It's a nightmare for drummers as the sound of the base drum is amplified a lot by the platform. Percussionists need to use several carpets underneath their drums to reduce the problem.

I've always deliberately avoided tapping the beat with my foot while playing for aesthetic reasons.
Just recently, however, I've thought of another reason for not doing so: if you have carpet on the floor, tapping is very likely to raise small clouds of dust which may well be sucked into your accordion, clogging the reeds over time ?🤔
This could be a bit far fetched, but who knows?🤫
At least, for now, I seem to have avoided any dust bunnies blocking my accordion reeds.😀

I was sent this image from same gig yesterday (in another room)...just posting as it's so pretty.... May use as business card putting phone number over crate ..
received_653192742666051~3.jpeg

Back