• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

A quick Asa Branca

Tom

Been here for ages!
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just a quick Asa Branca for your listening pleasure today. Recording keeps me honest and motivated. Signature song of Luiz Gonzaga, the King of Baião, and accordion theme song of Brazilians in general as far as I can make out. Correct me if you know better, and just be glad I didn't sing it too!

Thanks Stewart! This is my "go to" accordion because of the weight. I love it so much. It occurs to me I don't have any videos currently posted of my "full size" Piatanesi. I should get on that.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind for next recording!

Nice tune...a keeper for your repertoire for sure ...

Reactions: Tom
Thanks everyone!

Nice tune...a keeper for your repertoire for sure ...
Yea, adding this to the repertoire, a nice easy one that sounds interesting. I played through my farmers market repertoire today on my weekly zoom with Gary. Unless I do a benefit beforehand (possible), that will be my next opportunity to play. I noticed 4 tunes I couldn't just get through by memory. Note to self: work on memorizing

Goodnight Irene
La Vie en Rose
Moon River
That's Amore

Yea, adding this to the repertoire, a nice easy one that sounds interesting. I played through my farmers market repertoire today on my weekly zoom with Gary. Unless I do a benefit beforehand (possible), that will be my next opportunity to play. I noticed 4 tunes I couldn't just get through by memory. Note to self: work on memorizing

Goodnight Irene
La Vie en Rose
Moon River
That's Amore
Wow, thats 4 more than I can play from memory... LOL

Grab on to BreezyBellows
In the Summertime...
Another easy, catchy and fun ditty...
Ok the syncopation on bass could be tricky on the original but a little imagination and you've another chestnut in your bag...
I'm grabbing too...😉
The more time passes the more I search for tunes with less reliance on the memory bank..🤣

Grab on to BreezyBellows
In the Summertime...
Another easy, catchy and fun ditty...
Ok the syncopation on bass could be tricky on the original but a little imagination and you've another chestnut in your bag...
I'm grabbing too...😉
The more time passes the more I search for tunes with less reliance on the memory bank..🤣
Yea, at a certain age muscle memory is necessary, seems to be required to augment the fleeting memory memory. I'd definitely want to sing on "In the Summertime. "

Oh well, beats the alternative!🤣🤣 And it's fun to play tunes a little more complex. I can do about an hour by memory, increased with sheet music "guides." I'd like to get to two hours this summer. The more I get in muscle memory the better off I'll be when I'm "old."

NIce playing Tom! It's like a polka version. Ya Asa Branca when i first heard i was just liking forro and accordion - i play lots of bossa and tropicalismo on guitar, but accordion forro wow - my favorite to play on my diatonic box too! Basically all i play these days - just get lost in the rhythm and jam 😍

Back