• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

price check royal standard montana

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkliamusis

Reaction score
hello everyone! ive got an an accordion which is a royal standard montana 120 bass. it is quite old, i think it is from the 70s but in great condition, hardly ever used. it works but like 2-3 keys arent pushing down properly(they kind of get stuck when you bottom them out) so obviously the accordion needs some repairs. it also has its original case and so on. i would like to sell it and i do  not know how much can i get for it. if anyone here can help me out i would really appreciate it!!

86fa9d1c7a60eddd734819db22cf4025512.jpg

If it's in good shape you might get $350 around here if you're lucky, $250 for quick sale.

hello everyone! ive got an an accordion which is a royal standard montana 120 bass. it is quite old, i think it is from the 70s but in great condition, hardly ever used. it works but like 2-3 keys arent pushing down properly(they kind of get stuck when you bottom them out) so obviously the accordion needs some repairs. it also has its original case and so on. i would like to sell it and i do not know how much can i get for it. if anyone here can help me out i would really appreciate it!!

86fa9d1c7a60eddd734819db22cf4025512.jpg
One can never really say that an old accordion is in “great shape” unless a knowledgeable person has kicked its tires and also had a good look under the hood (or ‘tyres’ and ‘bonnet’ for those raised on the Queen’s English). And your observation that there are stuck keys in yours suggests that it definitely does need some work. If a prospective buyer does not have the skill to do that work themselves, they will need to find someone who can—which can be difficult depending on where they live, and it may also be costly given that accordion repair is so highly specialized and therefore rarely comes cheap.

Anyway, someone who is familiar with this particular make/model and the market where you live might be able to give a very broad range of its potential sale price but that would be about as good as you can get without a real appraisal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
more likely 1950's...

wasn't Royal Standard another German Brand ?
it certainly looks like a German Case

So yeah, German, good shape, 50s, maybe needs some key bed shaving. Hope he did ok. If not, well where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back