• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Please help me identify this Serenelli Accordion

Reaction score
I know nothing about this Serenelli accordion, the only writing I see is “made in Italy” is engraved on the back. Does anyone know the date/model/value?

Attachments

• 50962156-523B-418B-980C-2778B03F0D6C.jpeg
    50962156-523B-418B-980C-2778B03F0D6C.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 15
  • D89B7D53-49F1-453D-890A-7227BB0A5B2A.jpeg
    D89B7D53-49F1-453D-890A-7227BB0A5B2A.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 15
It’s a 2 reed student accordion probably from mid to late 1950s. Most of what I commented on this thread here would apply to your instrument besides brand name. Which won’t have a major impact on value.

It’s a 2 reed student accordion probably from mid to late 1950s. Most of what I commented on this thread here would apply to your instrument besides brand name. Which won’t have a major impact on value.

Ok so do you know about the Serenelli brand and how much they are worth?

ok basically

serenelli is a known brand that existed long ago, it has zero cachet for desirability
over any other brand

this is a very basic student model, there are very few children students
left in the world, so there are very few parents who want to buy one

there are a miniscule few adults who like 2 reed treble accordions
( 3 reed treble models of adult quality are plentiful at almost the same size and weight )
so not much of a market there either, and they tend to be brand/model conscious

black was the most common color at the time

The brand name will have a negligible impact on the value compared to the number of reed sets, age, condition, and quality of the reed sets. Condition is critical here. IMO in relatively good unrestored condition top dollar on an instrument like this from a private seller would be about $300 and the price goes down quickly from there with any functional defect until it bottoms out at about $75 as a piece of decor.

A professionally restored example sold by a reputable shop may cost much more but there was likely hours and hours of skilled work to bring it back to or even exceed the instruments original level of performance.

Back