• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Photo teaser ( answer to follow )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gretna Green, Scotland

next question: how do I know this?

answer: magic

Gretna Green, Scotland

next question: how do I know this?

answer: magic
You are correct of course. I thought that maybe a Scottish forum member would have been the first to give the correct answer but Netherland wins. Anyway here's the proof ( but the accompaniament has flown away! )

DSC00199-min.JPG

I used the google AI...

I've never been to Scotland yet, hopefully I will visit someday

but who is he?

I like it. Here's my fav. Guess the city?

Attachments

• Caruaru-comemora-159-anos-Norteando-Você1.jpg
    Caruaru-comemora-159-anos-Norteando-Você1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 12
Er - is it Caruaru?
I'd never heard of Forro genre music. Thanks Tom.

When one arrives at the rodoviaria (bus station) in Curvelo (Minas Gerais) there's a big signboard that says "Bemvindos a Curvelo, Capital do Forró" ... but, of course, Forró is definitely more "nordestino" than "mineiro" ...

Er - is it Caruaru?
I'd never heard of Forro genre music. Thanks Tom.

Hey Wirral, guess I should have looked at the filename! Forró is an accordion based music that started in northeast Brazil in the early to mid 20th century. It developed from the rhythms of this guy, Luiz Gonzaga, known as the King of Baião (music). His biggest hit was "Asa Branca," sort of the Carnival if Venice of the style. The traditional forró band consists of accordion, triangle and large, single drum called "zabumba." Of course now there are electric guitars, full drum sets, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back