• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Paolo Soprani?

Daniel17

Reaction score
Hi, does anybody know this model? It's supposed to be a Top Paolo Soprani instrument? I'm wondering, why there is no such plate on the instrument?
Best, Daniel

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0057.jpeg
    IMG_0057.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0058.jpeg
    IMG_0058.jpeg
    357.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0059.jpeg
    IMG_0059.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0060.jpeg
    IMG_0060.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 22
The couplers, the grill, bellows, bellows clips, and the blue badge look very much like the same vintage as my old Paolo, though I have never seen openings behind the keyboard such as the ones on the backside of yours. But mine was a PA and did not have a tone chamber as this one appears to have. If it is genuine (which I certainly don’t have the ability to tell from these photos) it seems that someone put a bit of effort into removing the Paolo Soprani name from the celluloid yet replacing it using block lettering very nearly identical to the original font.

The couplers, the grill, bellows, bellows clips, and the blue badge look very much like the same vintage as my old Paolo, though I have never seen openings behind the keyboard such as the ones on the backside of yours. But mine was a PA and did not have a tone chamber as this one appears to have. If it is genuine (which I certainly don’t have the ability to tell from these photos) it seems that someone put a bit of effort into removing the Paolo Soprani name from the celluloid yet replacing it using block lettering very nearly identical to the original font.
Even the grill retaining buttons appear to be the same as my PS though the grill itself is different

Six row treble, but similar buttons

Incidentally, could someone explain the lower two registers with the 'slash' mark on them?

Nigel's Accordion Paolo Soprani Super Organ copy.png

Someone did post an explanation on this forum some years ago.
Unfortunately, I don't remember what it was.🤔

Back