• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

"Normal" Sheets, how to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireSpirit

Reaction score
Hello, someone can help me?

I'm new in accordion and i want to play in my church. My church uses sheets for piano.

My question is: How i play the F Clef (Bass Cleff) in the stradella bass system? If show the chord "C" (See image), i just press the CM button until the end of the measure or i press C 1x (in root bass) and 2x CM? (Because the song is 3/4)

Help please!!

Attachments

• índice.jpg
    índice.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 84
FS,
You're very lucky, as this sheet music sets out your F clef (bass) chords in a succinct form: "letter names".

OK:

As I see it, as you go along in your right (treble) hand, you simultaneously accompany it by playing the corresponding basses indicated by these  letter-names shown immediately above the treble clef.

Once indicated, that bass accompaniment "lasts " until the next indication.

If you're have available to you a chart of the basses (as arranged on the bass board), you'll be able to find them.

There's two methods for playing the bass buttons :

Third finger on single bass notes and second finger on chords,

Or, fourth finger on single notes and third on chords.

(Except when you play a run of several bass notes consecutively, when any suitable finger will do  :))

Your choice !

Your music is "scored" as "organ accompaniment "
ie, sustain each chord/ note till the next change.

Good luck! :)

Both your options are possible - the second more common.
It is often said that a staccato approach to the Left Hand is the most effective.
Also if you look at a chart you will see it is possible to play a one octave scale and that this fingering pattern is constant (major or minor) for all keys -
useful for runs to join the chords.
The best known Left Hand guide must be:
The Mighty Accordion by David Giuseppe, see here: daviddg.com/books-2/
and many other shops.
Enjoy your adventure!

Play the chords that are written in letters, together with the base note that is the bottom line of the staff with the F clef. Use the rhythm of these bass notes.
If there is no indication of minor or 7 or dim then it is major.

Thanks for all answers! You guys helped me a lot
Sorry for the basic questions. I'm new in accordion
One more question: This system (1x C 2x CM) For C chord is for 3/4 right? And 4/4 or 6/8?

Dingo40 said:
FS,
You're very lucky, as this sheet music sets out your F clef (bass) chords in a succinct form: "letter names".

OK:

As I see it, as you go along in your right (treble) hand, you simultaneously accompany it by playing the corresponding basses indicated by these  letter-names shown immediately above the treble clef.

Once indicated, that bass accompaniment "lasts " until the next indication.

If you're have available to you a chart of the basses (as arranged on the bass board), you'll be able to find them.

There's two methods for playing the bass buttons :

Third finger on single bass notes and second finger on chords,

Or, fourth finger on single notes and third on chords.

(Except when you play a run of several bass notes consecutively, when any suitable finger will do  :))

Your choice !

Your music is "scored" as "organ accompaniment "
ie, sustain each chord/ note till the next change.

Good luck! :)

Thanks buddy!
So, for each chord, I press and hold C and CM same time till the next change? Or 1x C and 2x CM?

dunlustin said:
Both your options are possible - the second more common.
It is often said that a staccato approach to the Left Hand is the most effective.
Also if you look at a chart you will see it is possible to play a one octave scale and that this fingering pattern is constant (major or minor) for all keys -
useful for runs to join the chords.
The best known Left Hand guide must be:
The Mighty Accordion by David Giuseppe, see here: daviddg.com/books-2/
and many other shops.
Enjoy your adventure!
Thanks for your attention! I will look at this book, I will wait to pass this pandemic to buy.
Do you think it is better for me to "open" the chord than to press the CM button?
For example: CM chord > Press C > Press E > Press G

debra said:
Play the chords that are written in letters, together with the base note that is the bottom line of the staff with the F clef. Use the rhythm of these bass notes.
If there is no indication of minor or 7 or dim then it is major.

Thanks!
And the chord C7/E for example, What do I do?

You could find this download helpful:
www.chimbero.es/pdfs/METODO%20BERBEN.pdf
It should answer a lot of your questions.
On the bass clef, the convention for accordion Left hand is:
stem points up from note position = single bass note
stem points down from note position = chord - type of chord indicated by M m 7 dim
High part of clef is for chord and low for bass - remember Stradella has only one (chromatic) octave (almost) of bass notes

FireSpirit said:
Hello, someone can help me?

I'm new in accordion and i want to play in my church. My church uses sheets for piano.

My question is: How i play the F Clef (Bass Cleff) in the stradella bass system? If show the chord "C" (See image), i just press the CM button until the end of the measure or i press C 1x (in root bass) and 2x CM? (Because the song is 3/4)

Help please!!
I recognise this song. It was sung regularly by George Beverly Shea at Billy Graham's crusades.
Truly music is a universal language as I presume the lyrics are in Portugese!
I would expect this song to be used in solo rather than congregational use.
BTW I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back