• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

Newfoundland - Who Would Have Thought It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Hawkins

Experienced Gentleman.
Reaction score
I know that we have a number of Canadian Accordionists on this forum, and I wonder how many of them will confess to their involvement in this matter.

It was, I assure you, purely by accident that I stumbled across the "Newfoundland Nude Accordionists Calendar." I was quite astounded to think that Canadian Accordionists were prone to playing their instruments in the buff, and worried about the potential consequences of such risky behaviour.

Indecorous behaviour aside, this is definitely a hazardous and foolhardy hobby. Please think about the potential for serious injury before removing your clothes.

Wow ---- You Canadians !!!

Not only can we do it in the buff, but at the same time, we can do it in -30C temperatures while riding our dog sleds to work!
(Brings new meaning to the word shrinkage... lmao!)

I had to do some digging to get my car out of the snow at the local car parking lot today... we had a little snow. {}

http://syner-g.asuscomm.com/mymusic/files/jerryph.jpg>
jerryph.jpg

I assume you only play standing up I view of the risks you take sitting down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jerry,

So, where are you on the calendar? Come on, admit it, you are on there somewhere.

Glenn,

It is a dangerous game, especially for those of us who are hairy specimens. I cringe just thinking about it.

Unfortunately, they refused my application for Mr. February. I think they were looking for people playing concertinas... something about not needing accordionists with big equipment.

Brings to mind one the stories Phil Cunningham tells about Fergie MacDonald, (If youve seen Phil and Aly Bain playing as a duo youll have heard others.)

Apparently Fergie was playing his accordion somewhere and his kilt had got rather hitched up, shall we say. (He was dressed traditionally.)

A concerned lady from the audience went up to him and said, sotto voce, Mr MacDonald, dye know your w***ys hanging out!

Is that a Phil Cunningham tune? said Fergie.

(I hope this is within the rules.)
http://www.accordionists.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=109[/url]

Jerry,

You should have auditioned with a tin-whistle.

Graham,

Thanks for the link. It was "interesting." The Newfoundland one was just blokes.

Bruce,

As I said, I just stumbled across this information whilst searching for accordion related news. You will be in a better position to access further information through your media contacts.

I have nothing against Naturism per se, but think it should be left to younger people wherever possible. Perhaps your listeners could be persuaded to produce a similar calendar ....... who knows?

I have just come across a film review in the New York Times which has some bearing on this thread.

The film is called "Planet Earth: Dreams", which features a woman named Agatha (played by Cynthia J. Hopkins) who dreams of playing her accordion naked in a field. The dream causes her to feel vulnerable, but I honestly couldn't be bothered to read any more. It was all a tad too "arty" for my taste.

Stephen Hawkins said:
(...)
I have nothing against Naturism per se, but think it should be left to younger people wherever possible. (...)

Vaselines good for getting rid of wrinkles .... apply generously to the lens :b

playing a 120 bass box naked could be very dangerous to parts of ones anatomy

george :evil: ;)

Graham,

Your wit is, as always, very much appreciated. I think something heavier for the camera lens .... axle grease???

George,

I love the accordion, but can think of no worse instrument to play in the "altogether." Pyjamas are okay though, taking the necessary precautions to ensure safety at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back