• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

New to the forum and new to the accordion. Can the experts please tell me what model I have?

Whale

Reaction score
We bought an older Hohner and I am teaching myself to play (My wife is a pianist and I have been playing guitar/bass for quite a while). I'm having a lot of fun learning, but am curious about the Hohner we purchased. Can one of the experts in the forum please tell me the model and the approximate age of my Hohner? It works perfectly for its age. There appears to be a serial number on the strap... 2133H.

Thank you in advance!!

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0936.JPG

Welcome Whale! It’s old…. I guess pre WWII, but appears in remarkably good shape. Hope it plays as well. No idea of model, sorry. Good luck!

Looks like a 'diatonic' - if so, different note on pull and push - any 3 buttons in any row when pushed will give a chord. If so and you can play harmonica it should be an easy start.
Typically tuned G C F
I don't think I've seen one with 16 basses before. I'd guess 1930s
These people may well tell you a lot more:

including keyboard layouts.
A very nice find.

We bought an older Hohner and I am teaching myself to play (My wife is a pianist and I have been playing guitar/bass for quite a while). I'm having a lot of fun learning, but am curious about the Hohner we purchased. Can one of the experts in the forum please tell me the model and the approximate age of my Hohner? It works perfectly for its age. There appears to be a serial number on the strap... 2133H.

Thank you in advance!!

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0936.JPG

Thank you in advance!!

Welcome to the forum Whale, I hope you enjoy being a member as much I do. Members are both friendly and helpful and many are experienced and knowledgeable.

Mine isn't Hohner but the accordion I just got has that same key layout except mine is in the key of BbEbAb. It's really neat that yours is a 3-row with 16 bass buttons. Mine only has 12 basses.

It does indeed look like a diatonic.
Seems to be in good condition on the inside but the outside might need an overhaul.

Old Hohners have a nice sound, this one's definitely a keeper.

Back