• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks
  • We're having a little contest, running until 15th May. Please feel free to enter - see the thread in the "I Did That" section of the forum. Don't be shy, have a go!

new accordion day! seeking information please!

eliascalles

Reaction score
hello!

I just picked this little guy up at a pawn shop here in Mexico. it was very cheap, but it sounds really nice it's very well in tune and there are no issues (other than someone glued on some bedazzle sequins and put some stickers on it. it's only marked Hohner on the keyboard side and O O on the bass side. can anyone tell share me information about it?

thanks you so much!!

Attachments

• tempImageNWRrHz.png
    tempImageNWRrHz.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • tempImage4gOUD8.png
    tempImage4gOUD8.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • tempImageLv2J4u.png
    tempImageLv2J4u.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
can anyone tell share me information about it?
It appears to be a Hohner (German) beginner's 12/25 piano accordion made well before anyone thought of moving their factory to China.🙂
There's more information in the " description " section of the videos.🙂
Here's another:
It's amazing just what can be done with these instruments!🙂
See here:
And here:
And there's much more on the web!🙂
Last one :🙂

Last edited:
I’ve reached a stage where memory is not what it used to be but thanks to sites, such as ‘accordionistsforum’ I can make up for lapses.

Regarding eliascalles’s find in a Mexican pawn shop I’m pretty sure this is not a Hohner. I don’t recognise the grille as Hohner and a casual look shows it to be very poorly made (eg. vent holes are not even). I don’t recall Hohner using diamanté stones in their name letters and a close look shows them to be very inexpertly located and attached. A further close look at the flat, white bordered letters here show they are inexpertly made and though Hohner have got round to using flat, white lettering on more recent models I feel that on accordions of the age of the one here they used metal letters.
The odds are the accordion is Chinese; taboo for some but perfectly playable for beginners and amateurs in many cases.
(I welcome anybody to correct my memory).

Whoops! Dudded again!🫢🫤
Good thing I'm not buying!!🤔😯*

dud
/dÊŒd/

INFORMAL
verb to trick or swindle someone/to be tricked/swindled
INFORMAL•AUSTRALIAN
past tense: dudded; past participle: dudded

Last edited:
Welcome Elias!

Regardless of the actual history of your accordion, the fact that you have it, it works, and it sounds good are the main thing!!! Congrats! (Sorry I can't provide additional information.) Anyway, how's it going? Do you already know how to play? What kind of music?

hi thank you! yes I don't think it's a real hohner either, I have a vintage hohner (tango iim) and this new accordion is not made with the same quality plastics (esp the bass buttons). is not marked made in Germany and has no serial number. I only paid $800mx for it (maybe $45us) and it plays very nicely so no regrets. I am very happy to have it because my only small accordion is also my most expensive (weltmeister jewel) and I'm always to precious with it to bring it camping or to the beach so now I have a nice little beater accordion.

Back